If your goal is to attain a healthy body weight, then it is vital to monitor your calorie intake. You may find some useful guidelines in this article relating to balanced diet and healthy eating.
A high calorie intake with little exercise will lead to weight gain.
What is a balanced diet?
You will be able to achieve a balanced diet through a regimented intake of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, mineral salts, and fibre. For a healthy body weight, you have to take correct proportions and increase regular physical activity.
- Carbohydrates are considered as the main source of energy
- Proteins, allow you to build muscle for growth and repair
- Fats are important as some of these contain fat soluble vitamins
- With mineral salts, your teeth, bones, and muscles are strengthened
- Fibre is important as it corrects the functioning of your intestines
How a balanced diet helps to maintain body mass index (BMI)?
Maintaining a balanced diet will help you attain weight loss. Eating healthily and exercising regularly will enable you achieve a good body shape. This can help you keep a check on your obesity levels, which can be measured with the help of body mass index (BMI).
Most doctors will take BMI into account when examining a patient. It is calculated by dividing weight in kilograms by height in metres squared of a patient. If the BMI of a patient is:
- Less than 18.5, it is considered as underweight
- Between 18.5-25, it is considered to be a good body weight
- Between 25-30, it is considered to be overweight
- Between 30-40, it is considered to be obese
- Above 40, it is considered to be very obese
Balanced diet and regular exercise
Overeating will have detrimental effects upon your health and lead to weight problems. To combat this, you must eat a variety of foods. Nowadays; people make unhealthy lifestyle choices, increasing their intake of junk food. However, consuming more fruits, grains, legumes and vegetables will undoubtedly have a positive effect.
Try to cut down on portion size and keep it moderate especially when consuming high calorie food. Ordinarily, the trend in restaurants is to serve large portions, however you should try to avoid supersized portions of food.
While selecting your diet, try to limit the intake of food containing high levels of sugar, salt, or refined-grain products. Once you have begun your healthy diet, try to combine it with regular physical activity for more effective results.
A fundamental dieting tip concerning healthy eating is to monitor your diet.
- Try to eat slowly so that you get the time to chew food properly. When we rush meals we lose the ability to taste it.
- You should be stressful while eating food. If you stressed, it can affect the digestion process
- You should avoid overeating once you are full
- Never skip breakfast
- You should eat healthy and small meals throughout the day